Stephanie from BlushPretty shares her advice in finding the right vendors and looking the best on your wedding day
Now, I might be a little bit biased, but I think the planning of your makeup and hair needs for your wedding day is the best part of your planning process. THE BEST! I mean, think about it – you have the perfect excuse to peruse beauty boards on Pinterest all day, to visit every Sephora within a reasonable radius for samples, and to get your makeup and hair done a few times before the actual wedding date itself. Fun … fun … and more fun!
Choosing and working with an artistry team is also very fun, but to make it go smoother and easier it’s always a good idea to start of with a proper consultation before you schedule a trial run or book a wedding date. Consultations should be treated like a mini-date … a getting to know you kind of thing. Why? Because your artistry team will be spending a significant portion of your wedding day with you and your bridal party. They should fit right in with you guys and the vibe should feel comfortable and cozy and most importantly – trustworthy. You have to be able to trust your artistry team! Consultations can help you pinpoint whether a team is a yay or nay for you … especially before you start shelling out deposits and balances!
But how does one do a consultation? What questions should you ask? Here’s a quick guide on the top 10 questions (and their sub-questions that relate to them) that you should ask before making the right decision:
- What would you say your beauty style is, and what looks are you really strong at doing?
- This is the type of style I’m looking for, are you comfortable with doing this look and also, do you think this look is doable for me? If not, what adjustments can be made?
- Do you have any tips or suggestions for me to prepare me for the trial run and/or for the wedding day itself?
- I’m concerned about these specific issues (e.g. foundation matching properly, allergies to products, etc.) – how do you correct or address this problem?
- For a party of my size, how many artists will be present to provide services? What is the experience of your assistants?
- How long will it take to complete my entire bridal party? What can we do to make sure we run on time?
- What is your backup plan if you are unable to provide services on my wedding day because of an emergency?
- Are you flexible with changing numbers of my bridal party or a change in services? What are my options for adding or cancelling services?
- What do you need in terms of set-up and lighting at my home, hotel room or venue? What will you bring with you to complete services?Do you have any concerns or questions about the scope of mine and my bridal party’s beauty needs for the big day?
Keep this list handy before you go in for your consultations. Take notes and compare the answers and decide which artistry team had the best answers that made you feel like you were in good hands. In addition, keep in mind how you felt just being in the presence of the booking agent, artists, or team leader. In the end, choosing the right team is about the team that provides you the best service, but also, gives you the best feeling in your gut!
BlushPretty is Toronto’s premiere mobile artistry team and beauty bar. With a highly-skilled team of both makeup and hair artists, we offer a variety of services both in-studio and on-location.
Our bridal beauty services are offered throughout the Greater Toronto Area including Peel Region (Mississauga, Brampton), Halton Region (Burlington, Milton, Oakville), Niagara Region (Niagara on the Lake, St. Catharines), York Region (Richmond Hill, Markham, Aurora) and the Durham Region (Pickering, Oshawa).
From makeup and hair to skincare, BlushPretty is the name on everyone’s perfectly painted lips. Consider our artistry team for your wedding day, next big event, or photoshoot.